Thursday 17 February 2011

I'm still alive!

Yeah, it's been a while. University work continues to get in the way of regular blogging and circumstances have meant I've been watching more films instead of tv. I've finally got a few minutes to myself to update but I'm away from my flat so you're getting a slimmed down blog from my iPhone instead. This means the usual colour coding is damn near impossible so I will try and keep it short and organised.

First, Waterloo road returned in a rather subdued style. Without the usual mid season drama, it wasn't really necessery to do any big reveals. Term just picked up where it left off. It struck me as odd that the new pastoral care teacher wasn't fired in her first 5 minutes just for being so bloody difficult, never mind by the end of the day when she had deliberately disobeyed orders from the headmistress. I think this will set the tone for this series. No-one doing as they are told. Takes away from the realism and reminds me it's not real. Not good. Also distracting was George sampsons bad acting. For the first 10 minutes or so. Until I remembered no one on Waterloo road can act and I'd accepted that a long time ago. Last episode toms missing adopted daughter cloe got a mention. You'd think shed visit every now and then.

Also crashing back on to my iplayer, being human, as bloody as ever and still guaranteed to have me in tears of both laughter and sadness... In the space of about 30 seconds. That's the great thing about this show. Toby whithouse has a magical ability to turn from tragedy to comedy and back to tragedy without taking anything away from the authenticity of the moment. It's just a shame that spin off show becoming human does not reflect its sister's greatness. I appreciate their dedication to giving being human's massive online fanbase a little bit extra each week but 10minutes is just not enough time to get decent character development and the plot feels shallow. In short, I just don't care. There's lots of other awesome stuff to be had on the blog though, perfect distraction from the ever increasing pile of assignments on my desk.

iPhone typing hurts my thumbs, so I'm out for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment