Tuesday 26 April 2011

BAFTA's 2011

The years BAFTA nominations have been announced.
http://www.bafta.org/awards/television/winners-nominees-2011,1766,BA.html

Here's my favourites!

Leading Actor- Benedict Cumberbatch. A tough choice between Cumberbatch and Matt Smith, but when push comes to shove, Sherlock is the superior show on a serious level.

Supporting Actor- Martin Freeman. Fingers crossed for a double Sherlock win!

Entertainment Performance- Stephen Fry in QI! It's just got to be!

Female Performance in a Comedy Role- Katherine Parkinson in The IT Crowd. One of my few forrays away from the BBC. When it comes to lighthearted comedy, Channel 4 just does it better, and The IT Crowd is a prime example.

Drama Series- A tough choice between Being Human and Sherlock. I'd love to see Being Human take the crown due to the emotion of Mitchels final goodbye, but I see Sherlock taking it for being a more widely accepted show.

Continuing Drama- Gotta be Casualty, a show that gets to me every Saturday night!

International- Bah-na-bah-na-bah-na-bah-nah. GLEE! If only because Darren Criss makes me melt :P The love between him and Kurt is so adorable, I actually don't mind that this stunner is paired up with someone who isn't me.

Sport- Wimbledon 2010. Always excellent full coverage, cheeky commentary and pervy camera men FTW!

Don't forget to vote in the YouTube Audience Award if you live inside the UK. Vote Sherlock!
http://www.youtube.com/baftaonline

No comments:

Post a Comment