Wednesday 15 September 2010

Back From Disney!

What's that? Oh you've really missed me. Oh, I've missed you too! Yeah, it's been a bit quiet on the blogging front, because I've been in Euro Disney! It was so super duper awesome! Here's a picture of me and my best friends in front of the magic castle :D

And while we were there, we saw a girl who looked a lot like Lex, from you-tube. James shouted "Lex!" But she didn't turn round, so we figured it wasn't her, but when I got home and checked out her twitter, turns out it was her :O Crazy stuff. Probably the closest I'll ever get to a YouTube celebrity... oh well. On with the TV stuff.

Now, you may recall I was quite devastated to be missing Derren Brown's next big special (Hero at 30,000 feet) which aired on the day we flew out to France. Fortunately I managed to pick it up on 4od on my return. Derren said this was his favourite show to date, but I'm going to have to disagree with him. Though the show had a lovely message to go with it, we didn't really see anything new from Derren, and the show lacked the WOW factor of shows like The Heist and Russian roulette. I'm expecting something new from Derren soon, as he has been filming all summer and I've got a friend who has been to one of his filming evenings. Perhaps another series of Tricks of The Mind? It would make my season :P

I also missed a stunning episode of Casualty while I was away, which I managed to catch up on this morning on the I-Player. In the aftermath of last week’s shooting, someone has to take the fall and Charlie is in the firing line. I spent the majority of the episode on the edge of my seat. Another very strong Casualty episode, when I was expecting them to have a lower episode after all the excitement of last week’s feature length episode. As usual you've got all the heart-warming hospital moments, funny one liners and devastating blows. The whole range of human emotion in one hour. Worth staying in on a Saturday night for... or you know, watching on the I-Player half a week later.

In contrast, this week’s Waterloo Road had a Sex Education Special that felt like an hour long public service announcement. We went through the stories of "The one who thinks sex will make her happy" "The one whose condom broke" "The young single mum" and "The one struggling with his sexuality" With disaster and tragedy all round. The majority of these stories seemed to fly up from no-where. Two of the characters have never been seen before (and will probably never be seen again) and that poor lad has never given any indication of being gay before. Sorry Waterloo Road writers, D-, Could do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment