Thursday 30 September 2010

The Next 6 Months on The BBC





As I write this the sun is streaming in through the window, but yesterday was a very different story. The world went dark in the afternoon and heavy rain fell over the town as I struggled with the last of my shopping. Summer is officially over and autumn has begun. Usually I would mourn the loss of summer, but this year I'm excited for the start of woolly hat and thick sock season, not least because I look really cute in my hat. The BBC is encouraging my excitement, releasing a Drama Showreel, with teasing glimpses of what we can expect over the next 6 months. Don't just take my word for it, take a peak for yourself!

Exciting stuff isn't it? And a hell of a lot of familiar faces. Alan Rickman, Emma Thompson and Helena Bonham Carter make up the big names, there's a whole host of those BBC regulars who crop up in EVERYTHING, and all 3 of our Nu-Doctors! Not to mention sneaky clips of the Doctor Who Christmas special.

Christopher Eccleston will be appearing in the first two episodes of new drama series Accused, which follows the stories of people accused of serious crimes as they make their way through their court cases. It looks like a pretty strong cast, though sounds a little dry for my tastes. The perfect step for Christopher Eccleston, who seems desperate to avoid being known as the 9th Doctor.

David Tennant stars in new four part drama Single Father, a tale about a man struggling to raise his four children alone after his wife's unfortunate death. It promises to be a tear jerker, but also very funny. Lookit! He's got a new haircut!

Matt Smith takes the lead role in Christopher and His Kind, a story about a man escaping his restrained life in England for one of decadence in 1930's Berlin. After having his heart broken he sets out on a voyage of self-discovery. I've been seeing this picture for a while. I thought it was a fragrance advert to be honest, but it turns out to be a shot from this show.

And finally... looks like another Dickensian Christmas for Doctor Who (perhaps with The Doctor taking on the role of Ghost of Christmas Past?) In case the glimpses from the trailer haven't satisfied you enough, here's another trailer, just for the Christmas Special. Because I love you THAT much :D



EDIT: Well I've been fooled! That's a fan made trailer. I must apologise for misleading you and promise to do more research in the future. It is however, a VERY good trailer. Click Here to see how it was done. Well done dwcast25.

No comments:

Post a Comment