Tuesday 1 June 2010

Britains Got Talent

Well way to make me eat my words Britain's Got Talent. On Sunday I criticised BGT for a lack of variety in their auditions, and yet the live shows have thus far proved me completely wrong! The first show has shown a wide range of "talent" (a term I use rather loosely). The first night alone showed amazing variety, kicking off with Bollywood dancers Threebee (I must confess they upset me, my friends and I were going to call our band The Threebies, in honour of Pheobe Buffay and the fact that there's three of us... it's probably for the best... we can't sing, write or play instruments :P), moving through singing Olivia Archbold and Josh Mead (nothing to write home about), camp cruise star Kevin Cruise (amusing... but talented? I thought he was going to die on stage, a man who needs to get fit), more dancing from Tobias Mead (similar to George Sampson to be honest. I prefered his audition because it was a little bit different). Surprise of the night was Sean Sheehan. I'm sure wood chopping is very difficult, I certainly couldn't do it, but it's not a very entertaining act. He tried to liven it up with a bit of singing but this distracted him from the chopping and... he didn't do very well. He should be glad he's got all his fingers left. At the same time, good on ITV for going for something a little bit different as opposed to all the singers and dancers. Stevie Starr otherwise known as The Regurgitator. A true variety act. It's not like anything I've ever seen before and very entertaining... in an icky sort of way. I'm convinced it's not real, especially the whole key, lock, ring shebang, but it doesn't make it any less fun. Half the joy is trying to figure out how he's doing it. Deserving winners tonight were of course Spelbound (I am reassured that it is Spelbound not Spellbound, but it makes me die inside). This magnificant act merge cheerleading and serious gymnastics to astounding effect. Several times they made me gasp outloud in fear for their lives, particularly when one stood on another two with a third balanced on his head! It's gotta be seen to be believed.

No comments:

Post a Comment