Sunday 20 June 2010

Football *headdesk*

NO I'M NOT WATCHING THE FOOTBALL!!! *takes deep breath* NO I'M NOT WATCHING BIG BROTHER!!! *breath*... it's okay... I'm fine... Seriously though, the entire world seems to have stopped moving. The football is all anyone can talk about, and if you do manage to escape, it's all about Big Brother. I'm a student, who’s finished for the summer; my days follow a rather lazy pattern which often involves watching Scrubs at 1pm... or 2pm on E4+1 if I've slept in, so I was pretty put out to find out my favourite hospital comedy had been replaced with... footage of people not doing much at all really... and occasional shots of the sky. What is the point!!! I wasn't overly upset though. I'm used to this crap from channel 4, I consoled myself that it wasn't as bad as the time they axed my morning FRIENDS fix to show people sleeping. I flipped over to ITV in hope of finding the Loose Women having a good bitching session, to find that had been replaced by the football! I gave up and went back to bed. I later found out I'd been a little harsh with ITV. They were showing Loose Women at the same time (12.30pm), just on ITV2.

I'm not overly upset over loosing either of these shows though. They are daytime TV, and let’s face it; I should be doing something a little bit more productive anyway. What really gets to me is that BBC didn't show Waterloo Road on Wednesday! There are only two episodes left and this series has really been dragged on for long enough! It seems to be the first thing to go when the BBC need to rearrange a few things, usually with no notice. I know it's not one of the BBC's shining stars, but it is on its 5th series! It can't get there without a loyal audience, and we deserve a little more respect. So in summary, I expect this blog is going to get a little quiet, due to a complete lack of decent TV!

On the bright side, Saturday night TV went ahead as usual. Since Britain's Got Talent has finished I've got a little bit of a gap in what was a rather comfortable schedule, but I filled it in with Doctor Who Confidential, a show I usually watch on the Sunday morning while trying to build motivation to get out of bed. Doctor Who was awesome, but I'm aware I just sound like a bit of a screaming fan girl when I go on about it, so I'm just going to say, can't wait for next week, and I hope nobody dies... or stays dead... wow my Saturday night is going to be really empty in a fortnight... I might have to get a social life or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment